Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Without Further Ado... The Candi Awards... Primary Edition

With the primary pretty much behind us and the general election just weeks away, it is time to hand out some awards (some serious... some not so serious) in its recap of the August 5th primary... something we call the Candi Awards: Primary Edition

Nominees are as follows (winners are highlighted in yellow):

1) Outstanding Work for Cinematography
* KSDK - Election Coverage
* KYTV - Live from Hulshof/Steelman Headquarters
* KSPR - Election Night Webcast
* KMBC - Election Coverage

2) Supporting Actress in a Political Primary
* Molly Williams from "I'm Just Here So Chris Koster Can Get Elected"
* Mary Williams from "I Really Did Try To Be Lt. Governor"
* Kay Barnes from "Bring It on Sam!"
* Roseanne Bentley from "I May Be Old, But Damn It I Can Still Win A Primary!"

3) Supporting Actor in a Political Primary
* Daniel Carroll from "I Can Pull 15% In A Governor's Primary Without Even Trying"
* Brock Olivo from "It May Be My First Time Voting, But Hey I Want To Be Your Congressman"
* Scott Long from "Who?"
* Mark Peters from "I Spent $175 on This Campaign And All I Got Was This Lousy T-Shirt"

4) Lead Actress in a Political Primary
* Sarah Steelman from "I Can Win Kansas City, St. Louis City, and Springfield Yet Still Lose The Primary"
* Margaret Donnelly from "Recount Likely"
* Andria Simckes from "Darn That Clint Zweifel!"
* Robin Carnahan from "This Primary Is As Easy As Pie"

5) Lead Actor in A Political Primary
* Chris Koster from "Pretending To Be A Democrat And Fooling Enough Voters To Make Me The Nominee"
* Kenny Hulshof from "Thank You Northeast Missouri!"
* Clint Zweifel from "Whoever Thought That Matt Blunt Cutout Could Be So Effective?"
* Jay Nixon from "Dang It, Now I Really Have To Campaign"

6) Primary Headline of the Year
* "Pretending To Be A Democrat And Fooling Enough Voters To Make Me The Nominee"
* " I Can Win Kansas City, St. Louis, and Springfield Yet Still Lose The Primary"
* "Thank You Northeast Missouri!"
* " Recount Likely"

No comments: