Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Everybody's Got Olympic Fever...


Count me in on that, too. I have been soaking in every minute of Olympic action I can. Since the opening ceremonies began, NBC has been averaging over 30 million viewers each night. According to information from TV By The Numbers, they believe that approximately 44 million viewers were tuned in to see the Women's All Around Gymnastics finals last night between 10:30 and midnight. Even more impressive, approximately half of all 18-49 year olds who were watching tv during the 11:00 pm central time hour last night were watching the Olympics. To put that into perspective, that is much better than an American Idol finale.
Can NBC keep up this average or will its viewers get Olympic fatigue? I am not tired of it yet. The coming days will show us if others are though.

1 comment:

Jason said...

I don't get it this year. I've watched nothing of the Olympics coverage and have no interest to do so. Previous times I always have...maybe the fact it's everywhere is turning me off a bit! :)