Thursday, July 17, 2008

Off Topic: Dumb Move #81,653,927

Okay, we have all probably done some stupid things. I have especially had my fair share of accidents that shouldn't have happened. Here is one embarassing one I will share. Hopefully it will brighten your morning when you realize you are not alone.

Yesterday evening, about 8:30, I came in from church, pulled off my shoes, and went into the kitchen to grab something to drink. It was the first time I had worn my new dress socks and as you might know, dress socks on certain floors are extremely slick. So as I was walking to the fridge, I slid just a bit... enough to make me afraid I was going to fall. I amazingly maintained my balance, grabbed a soda, and headed off to my office to do some stuff.

About two or three minutes later, my cell phone rings. I look around for it trying to find it, when I realize I set it down by the fridge when I got the soda. I go sprinting into the kitchen, hit the slick floor, go sliding, and fell down somewhat headfirst into the stove. (And yes, the stove is okay.) After I recovered I got up, got my phone, and went back to my office. The only thing hurt? My pride.

3 comments:

Randy said...

Any video available on that?

GCook said...

Thankfully... no! haha

Sandy said...

I would have been sore for days afterwards. Glad you weren't hurt.