Thursday, July 24, 2008

My $.02: Vincent David Jericho = TV Expert?

Okay, I know I shouldn't even go here because I will probably only get too fired up and this is probably just going to get me in trouble, but here goes anyway... David Catanese, political reporter at KY3, has linked to Vincent David Jericho's podcast of his radio show on KSGF in Springfield. You can listen to the rambling here. Today's show was essentially a rambling rant against last night's Republican Primary Debate on KY3, which featured candidates Sarah Steelman and Kenny Hulshof.

In the first five minutes he managed to trash Steve Grant, KY3, David Catanese, Missy Shelton, Sarah Steelman, Kenny Hulshof, both of the campaigns, and Sean Hannity. Wow! Quite impressive, isn't it?

Apparently Mr. Jericho is a television expert because he is able to explain everything that was wrong with the debate down to criticizing Steve Grant's hair. (Ummm....excuse me, have you looked in the mirror Mr. Jericho?) He even goes so far as to say that the debate shouldn't have even happened and that Catanese and Shelton are somehow using this debate as a way to grandstand themselves and to help Jay Nixon (ummm...how about some specific examples?). Yes, and I have to throw this tidbit in here too... only Fox News knows how to have a debate according to him. Not any local tv station in America... not CNN, MSNBC, NBC, ABC, CBS, PBS... only Fox News. I am going to leave that alone. The lunacy of that statement speaks for itself.

Springfield is only the 74th largest television market in the nation. They don't have the production budget of your beloved Fox News. Your belief that the debate shouldn't have happened would mean that Steelman and Hulshof's views on issues that matter to Missourians would never have been known to many. That is what KY3 was trying to do when they put this debate together... not try to create a technical masterpiece.

So then Mr. Vincent David Jericho... if you are the shining beacon of amazingness, why didn't you host the debate? Why didn't you moderate? Why didn't the candidates agree to debate for your radio station? They debated on KMOX in St. Louis. Could it possibly be because KY3 reaches more people on an off night than you will ever reach on your best of days? Could it be because KY3's management felt that it was necessary to actually put forth money to produce the debate so that the people of the Ozarks could best decide who should represent the Republican party on the ticket for governor in November?

Last time I checked, you were a radio broadcaster, not a tv expert. Until you actually produce and moderate a debate for all the Ozarks to see, why don't you save your ramblings for actual discussion of what was said. Like your favorite network Fox News... why don't you report what happened and then let us decide.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, my name is Vincent David Jericho and I am a bitter former Canadian who now hates the US too. I don't understand how a national level broadcast and local television works or are different. I say a lot of crap about how my debate would totally rule, yet I haven't had one. I assign cutesy names to people I secretly admire to disguise the fact that I use two first names, like Ricky Bobby, and the name of a town that was hit by a nuclear weapon. I try to make fun of other people's hairstyles to distract them from the fact that I still let my workplace display that wretched 80's Canadian doo on their homepage.

Anonymous said...

I am glad KY3 aired the debate, it has given me a new found respect for Sarah Steelman. As for Hulshof well...he is a polished speaker. Mr. Jericho is more concerned with his own issues rather than the issues facing Missourians. He has simply left "fair and balanced," up to someone else.

GCook said...

Anonymous #1... you said it... not me.

GCook said...

Anonymous #2... I am glad KY3 aired the debate, too. And before anyone starts the whole "The News2K is biased and is pro-KY3" I encourage you to check out the archives of this blog. I have been harder on KY3 more than any other station in Missouri. I just call it like I see it. In this instance, KY3 truly did a good job.

DONNA said...

Sounds like a challenge to me. Are you Vincent David Jericho up for it?
The only thing that I can say is that for those of you who are not aquainted with Newsy, you would be hard pressed to find someone with anymore political knowledge than he. Let me be the first to say that one day in the near future people across Missouri will know him for someone other than the man behind the News 2K.