Friday, May 30, 2008

Getting To Know... Lauren Keith


It is often easy to forget that there is a television station in the Bootheel of Missouri. What can't be overlooked is some of the talent that resides at KFVS. Recently, I had a chance to talk to morning anchor Lauren Keith about life in Southeast Missouri.


2K: What is life like behind the camera on The Breakfast Show?


LK: Hectic, but fun.
I come in at 4 am (which means my alarm goes off at 2:45 am) I start proofing scripts and we hit the air at 5 am. I’m in charge of coordinating “live shots” from local events and interviews…mostly features…to lighten things up in the morning. I also do morning updates at 8:25 and 8:55. Then, I have from 9 to 11 am to shoot my popular “Does it Work Wednesday” pieces as well as any stories I want to work on for the Breakfast Show. Usually, my stories don’t air “the day of” because of the tight turn-around. I anchor the Noon News, so I start proofing those scripts at 11 am. The fast pace keeps the day flying by and makes it easier to not feel so “tired” on the shift.


2K:What are some of your interests outside of your job?

LK: I like to work-out. I also like to cook. My husband is a veterinarian. Sometimes, because of our opposite schedules, and because I go to bed so early in the evening, I will go along with him on emergency calls. His line of work is equally fascinating and he’s able to help a lot of pet owners and save a lot of animals’ lives, literally.


2K:Do you have any favorite tv shows?


LK: American Idol, Desperate Housewives, and I’ve been known to watch Family Guy. It cracks me up the writers can fit so much sarcasm into 25 minutes.


We want to thank Lauren for her time. You can catch her co-anchoring the KFVS Breakfast Show, Monday through Friday from 5 - 7 a.m., with Jim Burns.

1 comment:

Brewhahn said...

Newsy, I stumbled onto your blog when I googled "steve larocco." I worked with Steve in the early
80's and was curious if I could locate him. I noticed a mention of Steve on April 30, 2008. Is he still with KOLR?

Bruce Hahn
Orlando, FL
brewhahn@cfl.rr.com