Sunday, August 12, 2007

Getting To Know... KSN's Brad Douglas




You may know him as Brad, Mr. Douglas, or even "The Gadget Guy". KSN-16's Brad Douglas is a very busy man and has been telling important stories in the 4 states since the fall of 2000. Recently, I had a chance to turn the tables on the journalist and ask him a few questions.

2K: What is the favorite part of your job?

BD: I enjoy the storytelling aspect of it. Every single day is different and some stories are harder to tell than others. I also like that I get to meet new people each and every day, and you really can't predict what the next day will bring. Plus, I like getting out and about and not sitting behind a desk every single day. Everybody does have a story to tell, and it's my job to tell it and do them justice, entertain and hopefully educate.

2K: What is your least favorite part?

BD: Some young journalists fresh out of college really enjoy covering murder cases, court cases and tragedies. The days when I have to cover them are my least favorite.

2K: What are some of your interests outside of the studio?

BD: I'm a big Spider-Man fan. I've been a fan since I was a two year old web-head. In 1998 when I was in college I started up a little website called the Spider-Man Crawl Space http://www.spidermancrawlspace.com/ and it's still up and running. In fact it's one of the most popular Spider-Man sites on the web. We just celebrated nine years online and it's still growing, and I had my biggest month ever in July.

2K: Tell me something about things behind the scenes at KSN.

BD: Behind the scenes at KSN are a blast and would make a great sitcom. We really are like family. There usually isn't a day that goes by where we don't laugh out loud about something. It's a fun place to work and one of the reasons I've stayed there so long.

**More of your favorite anchors, reporters, and meteorologists forthcoming.**

No comments: