Saturday, August 25, 2007

Getting To Know... Angie Weidinger

Recently I had a chance to catch up with a very busy Angie Weidinger, anchor of KSFX News @ 9 and reporter for KOLR 10. Here is some of what she had to say...

2K: How long have you been working at the station?


AW: Five years. I started at the station in June 2002.


2K: So what is the best part about your job?


AW: My favorite part is getting to meet and interview so many interesting people in the Ozarks. And, most of the time, it's not the "famous" people who I enjoy talking with the most. I am constantly amazed at how kind, intelligent, innovative and generous so many residents of this area are. Everyone has a story and I consider myself extremely privileged to get to tell so many of them.


2K: Any drawbacks?


AW: Often times I can't spend as much time as I'd like talking with people. We're often chasing a deadline that forces us to cut an interview or conversation short.


2K: What are some of your other interests outside of the news?


AW: My favorite past time is spending time with my family and friends. I grew up in mid-Missouri and still live close enough that I can drive home and catch a Sunday night family meal with not just my mom, dad, brother and sister, but also my grandpa, aunts and uncles.

I also enjoy running. I recently completed a marathon this past June with the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society's Team in Training. Talk about an incredible experience! Not only did I make it through those 26.2 miles, but I was able to work with a group to raise thousands of dollars to help area cancer patients. If anyone is considering training for a marathon, that's definitely the way to do it!


2K: That makes me tired just thinking about it. Congrats! So, if you weren't a journalist, which other profession would you choose?


AW: A journalism teacher. Unfortunately, there are many people in my profession who work with a very loose set of ethics. I would love to teach students how to tell a story fairly and accurately with a rigorous set of morals, just like my professors in college did for me.



I want to thank Angie for her time. Again you can find Angie in the Springfield area on KSFX, Fox 27 News @ 9, Monday - Friday.

No comments: