Sunday, February 17, 2008

Off Topic: "Mis(ter) Independent" Wants To Share Details On "A Moment Like This"

I try not to stray too far from the news business sidewalk, but I have to for a moment. Last night I had the opportunity to see Reba McEntire and Kelly Clarkson live in concert at the Sprint Center in Kansas City. It was simply the most amazing vocal duo combination I have ever had the pleasure of hearing live.
It was an experience of a lifetime. Floor seats on the 12th row, I was close enough to look the diva duo in the eye. The 2 hour concert even satisfied one of my friends who went with me who hates country music. She walked away impressed (to say the least). I shamefully did not follow American Idol during the first season, but walked away with a new found respect for the talent they awarded. Kelly Clarkson has a voice to die for when she is singing a song with a melody.
All in all, I had a wonderful time! It was definitely worth the trip and the price of admission. Now I am going to wrap up this fancy post and get back to the newsy postings I am supposed to make. If I seem spacy the next few days, it might be because I am humming "Is There Life Out There" while I am typing blog posts.

~Ciao!

No comments: