Friday, March 28, 2008

My $.02: Springfield Station Continues To Innovate

I truly enjoy all of the Springfield stations that I watch for news. Each of the four have some wonderful qualities that make them a great source for information. That being said, I have truly been impressed with the ability of KSPR to innovate with their news coverage. First, it was their daily download question and then it was their weather blog. This week added another new feature.

KSPR debuted its new severe weather chat. During severe weather, the KSPR StormVision team mans the chat room for reports as well as providing viewers with information they need. This allows an enhanced interaction with viewers. It will be interesting to see how this new feature develops, but it is just one more niche that KSPR is filling in to reach viewers. In my opinion, it is another smart move.

No comments: